- ½ pound country ham, chopped (or bacon, diced)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- Oil to cover the pan
- 2 tomatoes, chopped, or a can of diced tomatoes
- 2 bags collard greens, chopped
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 cup Taylor’s Ultimate Peruvian-Style Garlic Sauce
- 4 Tbsp vinegar- white, balsamic or apple cider
- Lightly oil a large pan and sauté the ham a few minutes or render the bacon.
- Saute the onions 5 minutes, and add the garlic for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 5 more minutes. Toss the collards with the stock (or ham water made from boiled ham hock) and chicken cube.
- Cover and cook for ½ hour.
- Add the Peruvian-Style Garlic Sauce and vinegar; cover and cook 15- 30 minutes or until collards are soft.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.